Kringle, kringle, kringle, my fabulous correspondents!
Have you managed to send your holiday cards and end-of-the-year wishes?
Fear not! There’s still time. “But when?” you may wonder.
I can help you with that: December 15th!
- –a display of mail art by Correspondence Co-op members
- –letterpressed broadsides by poet Cody Gates, designed by Happenstance Type-O-Rama
- –a mail art “make-and-take” station, with supplies for creating your own marvelous postcards
- –raffle of the evening: a Smith Corona “Classic 12” script (cursive) typewriter! (details below to enter raffle)
- –holiday issue of the monthly Co-op artistamp
And how about that raffle? Y’know: the one for the typewriter? It’s this baby right here:
Correspondence Co-op member Anna is bringing a lovely, nearly mint condition cursive script typewriter to SF from Seattle for our holiday raffle — the perfect Christmas gift for you or someone you know! Here are the “rules”:
- –you must be present or have someone collect the typewriter at the time of the raffle (Dec. 15th, 2011 during the open house).
- –tickets are $5 apiece and must be paid in advance via PayPal to alincoln at care2 (dot) com. Anna will not be accepting cash at the event!
- –Raffle remains open until 3pm on December 15th; the drawing will happen that same day, between 6-8pm at the SF Center for the Book.
- –50% of proceeds go to the Hachiko Coalition (helping animals in the Fukashima nuclear zone).
Hope to see you on Thursday night, with glue stick and rubber stamps in hand!